Your Search for Green Hotels in Portland, OR Ends Here
For so many of us here in Portland, the pristine natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest
is a powerful symbol of everything worth protecting through sustainable practices.
At the Crowne Plaza Portland, we take sustainability very seriously, not only because
we cherish our uncommonly gorgeous surroundings, but also because we believe that,
as a part of one of the premier luxury hotel chains in the world, we can set an
influential example for the entire hospitality industry.
By implementing a range of sustainable practices and policies, the Crowne Plaza
Portland has significantly reduced our carbon footprint. In 2010, we became the
first Crowne Plaza hotel in the United States to earn silver-level certification
from Green Seal, a non-profit program designed to help consumers to make greener
choices. The Crowne Plaza Portland has also been honored with Gold certification
from the Sustainability at Work program that recognizes the country's top
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint, Not Your Expectations
Paramount to our sustainability initiatives is ensuring that our guests still receive
the highest level of service and quality. Through our participation in IHG's Green
Engage program, we have developed a number of creative strategies for reducing our
impact on the environment while maintaining our reputation as one of the top luxury
hotels in the city. Choose Crowne Plaza for your accommodation
in Portland, Oregon and you will display more than just
great taste. You will demonstrate an important commitment to fulfilling our shared
responsibility to protect and preserve the environment we all hold dear.
Recent property-wide programs and upgrades include:
- Hotel-wide recycling and kitchen composting program.
- Staff training in sustainability practices, including strategies for helping guests make their stay as green as possible
- Upgraded HVAC boiler unit providing hotel-wide energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- Selection of energy-efficient equipment
- Donation of food and amenities to local shelters
- Formation of a committed Green Team, with monthly meetings to develop new strategies for sustainability
- Bike lending program allowing guests to explore the bike-friendly city of Portland in a fun and eco-friendly way.
- Two Complimentary Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (see us on the Blink EV Directory Locator)
- A propane fueled hotel shuttle